R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 04:03 PM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny Aird
Hi olhipster

I've done a bit of testing with the lengths of the steering racks on asphalt with rubber tyres. I found the shorter the length of the link, the less responsive the car is.

The 2 I have mainly been testing with is the med/med and the short/med (short length, medium distance between holes). I ran the short/med 1 hole forward on the plate to get similar ackerman to the med/med. The short just pushed more into the corner.

I prefer med/med on rubber tyres.

I haven't done any testing with the width of the rack, but I believe that the wider racks should make the car turn harder, and the thinner rack should make it smoother. But without testing them I can't be 100% sure

Hope this makes sense
Cheers

Jonny
I just came back from testing with the track rods, too...I tested the stock long/med track, the med/med, and short/med. The long/med gives more steering and is more siuted for tight tracks, as its the most responsive of the three. THe med/med is good for most tracks, especially mixed layouts, using the 2nd hole. The short/med gives you a bit less steering and its probably the ticket for high traction tracks, where you need the car to be a bit calmer and abit less reactive.

Now I'll be testing with the long/narrow, med/narrow, short/narrow..