Thread: buggy ideas
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 AM
tex1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post Some thoughts...

All of these are good cars.

The Jammin is easy to drive but the fit and finish in materials leave a lot to be desired. This car does very well in the steering catagory and does love to hold corner speed as long as you are willing to keep the chassis tight. It will get sloppy and this seems to cause a hunting expidition to make it right.
It is stable but has a lack of total adjustment range. It is one of the easiest cars I have driven.

The Mugen is the most stable. It sacrafices a pound at the scales. You want big motors for this ride. Don't even compare the new car to the old one. Yes, the new MBX-5R is that much better. It now steers as well as it is stable during rotation. You can hammer this car hard and it will be smooth and come back for more. Mugen is closed to the top in parts quality but is not as athletic as others. In an hour long main this is a car to watch for.

The Xray is the Farrari of the RC cars. The fit and finish is impecable and the handeling is totally track adjustable. Did I mention it is adjustable? You need to know what you are doing with this car. It will get you in trouble if it is adjusted incorrectly. Don't worry! It will not break. It is stronger than an anvil. The guys from RC America will really help if you go this direction. Just to be clear, the XRAY is one of the fastest and most nimble cars in the world. It was hands down the class of the field at the 06' Worlds until a marshal turned it off. Down here in Texas it is very tough to beat!

Kyosho? They got Gill! Wait for the 888!

Losi - The car I have modified the least. Not the fit and finish of the Xray but the durability is on par. It is on the light side and it steers like a true race car but as stated before, you can dial it out. This car does not need a lot of motor and it is extremely easy to adjust. Really is a simple car that had the benifit of looking at all of the other cars before it. That is what scares me about the prospect of the Kyosho camp. After driving the Losi you know Gill knows his stuff. I have not seen a section of the track the Losi is not dominant in. The 08' worlds will be off the hook. This is the car I drive and am currently very happy with. I race two nights a week and it does better than I drive. Very Fast Car! I just set back and let it do its thing. It could be a hand full for some drivers.

Associated??

My 2 cents,
TEX
<---- Not Done yet!