R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR STOCK motors.... rule changes regarding BRUSHLESS
Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour

Since the title of this tread is about ROAR STOCK motors...and possible rule changes regarding BRUSHLESS motors, I guess in addressing that subject...I personally am NOT in favor in changing the current ROAR Rules to allow B/L motors to run with Brushed STOCK Motors (At SANCTIONED, MAJOR EVENTS)

Now, should ROAR set up a set of Brushless Motor Rules? YES!
Should ROAR consider multiple classes for these new rules? YES!
WHY? Because as the recognized NATIONAL Sanctioning Body for R/C Racing they are the people who create rules a lot of people use as guidelines in their racing. Having a NATIONAL based set of rules allows tracks, clubs and racers some guidance on how to structure classes.
Does having a set of rules mean classes have to die, or be eliminated...or for that matter be run? Not necessarily, but it does give promoters, directors the option of allowing a class - with a structured set of rules.

I suppose my initial question could be revised or made into 2 parts:

1-When will ROAR develope a stock brushless motor rule? This would create another class and perhaps within the rule it can state that ROAR LEGAL BRUSHED MOTORS are legal to run in the ROAR STOCK BRUSHLESS CLASS) This creates the new class allowing older technology to enter it. This way your not ramming change at the current stock class but creating a new class that accepts old brushed motors. This is a step forward that does not cut the throats of brushed motor users.

or

2-When will ROAR update current stock brush motor rules to allow stock BL motors? With in this rule set as with number one restrictions and limitation would be spelled out that a stock BL motor must comply too.