R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR STOCK motors.... rule changes regarding BRUSHLESS
Old 06-19-2007, 08:58 PM
lil3j
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
I cannot think of any other competitive form of racing where a guy can go to the store and buy exactly what a nationally rank guy (like you) have. The "hope" of winning with the same equipment is what has grown this hobby in the past. This speaks well for the hobby.

You can see how the younger kids gravitated toward Honda and Toyota's. They are turbo charging everything and know more about VTEC than their parents know about dwell meters, points and condensers. Brushless and LiPo will bring this kind of excitement to RC.
I agree with this also,but, by the kids putting turbos on cars that dont already have them and reprogramming vtec systems that are tuned for economy use is the same as brushed motors not brushless. A brushless and lipo setup is more like going out and buying a supercharged mustang that they dont have to do anything but drive it and its already fast. Again what ever is decided i guess we all have to change our setups, but it will take away the challenge of making a car better by research and work rather than going in a store and buying it.