R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 05:58 PM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I'm not sure what is going on on the Xray site, but what they are staying does not work for me... You must have the total number of teeth for 1st the same for 2nd gear, for example I run a total 76 teeth on both 1st and 2nd, but I have a problem with screws backing out and causing stripped gears. With locktite.... 2 in less then 5 mins.... I have handed it to a number of experts and set the mesh and no way does that work... I have to pinch my stuff together and let it "wear" in or I'm getting stripped gears in less then 5 mins of running. So did I end up with some not good pinion gears? I do not think so, the same happens with new pinions and spur gears.... so the only thing left is the engine mount....

Any one with any ideas... I'm not the only one wiht this problem, the other guy that runs a NT1 is having the same problem....
Hmmm.... What locktite are you using? The blue Tamiya stuff seems to work pretty well.

Now I know you're running an XRAY, but stop by the MTX-4 KB and read the gear stripping section. Not sure if anything might apply, but it's worth a shot.

Hope this helps.