R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Future of RC
Thread: Future of RC
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 11:06 PM
racing_jason
Tech Regular

this is just my two cents
i feel that if we really want to bring more people in we need to advertise as said before.
There still need to be RTR's, most companys for the on road have gone away from that idea. The idea of the T2R and the cyclone S are awsome thoughts they are cheap ways to get started.
On the theory of battery... the best way to slow cars down is to limit the amount of mha. these batteries make it so that you can turn your mod motors way up and even your stocks and 19t. its sad when we used to be able to run 5 min in mod on 3300 and now people still dump with 4200's that is crazy. Another way that you could limit the batteries is the voltage. say that no pack could be rated over say 1.200 or something like that. batteries that are rated at 1.239 are crazy! There is no need for a 5 or 4 cell change. if you can not live through stock with out breaking constantly with 6 cell dont bump up to 19t, if you cant make it through 19t dont bump up to mod. this will make it so that people stay racing with their level.
Motor class's are a good idea. The idea of stock is great to learn the car. but arent we dividing them up a little to far. there is a stock foam stock rubber 19t foam 19t rubber and the list goes on. stock should be ran on rubber, so you can learn the car its self. 19t foam the car is faster slightly and you can learn foam tires. a little bit of a step up. mod that class has no limitation's. that is the way it should be. those are the worlds greatest drivers. why would the worlds greatest drivers be limited?
Also what ever happend to novice class's? at my local shop people dont want to have the lable of "novice" so they jump right into the stock class. This then lets them get beaten horibly and then they try it twice and then give up because they are no good. Every track should have a novice class available!
Sponsored drivers.... sposored drivers should not be running stock! rubber or foam we all know that you are way faster then all of us! you are gettin parts cheaper, motors and the list goes on for miles! its not fair that the kid that is kinda fast goes to his big race and sees full blown sponsored guys running 4 seconds faster then he is! that is where you loose your young blood! they become embaresed to be beat that badly! if you are fully sponsored you should have the supplies to run mod or even 19t! just not stock!
this is just my thought you dont have to agree with it.