R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Future of RC
Thread: Future of RC
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
tallyrc
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

there is no doubt that our hobby is eroding for a multitude of reasons. my buddy and i one night sat over some burgers and thought long and hard as to why.. we thought money.. we thought frustrations.. we thought personality conflicts... you name it we tried to pin it down.. when in the end we realized it's simply a matter of fun.. how you measure that is up to you.. all these things we thought might be the problems, only mattered if it wasn't enough FUN to get past the parts that did bother us... like this.. is the hobby expensive? yepp, but i usually enjoy myself that it is worth it.. do i get along with everyone all the time? nope, but 99% of the time i race with folks i proudly call friends.. do i get frustrated when things don't go right? you bet, but more often than not it beats mowing the lawn or changing diapers at home..

in august i'm likely moving back to florida and for what i spend racing my rc cars, i'll be able to buy a nice little boat to ski or fish from.. after having been in this hobby for some 20 or so years, i'll likely be decidng between the two based on what is more fun..