R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Cyclone Charlie
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Verndog
You can bet I'll take you up on that! I work with John S., you prob. know him and he has shown me the ropes a bit....but since he is a Xray nazi.., I may need to lean on those that have been there such as yourself. Didn't make it far tonight, but the bench is nice and cleared off for a clean start.

I want to go brushless and I'm not sure best way to start...I need to learn to drive on an asphalt track, and my guess is the BL isn't the best way, suppose I can run the stock motor with the Novak ESC to begin. Yes...I also checked at the LHS Remote RC in Covington, and Geno said he will begin to stock parts also...I asked both places before I bought as I figured that could be an issue on new model. Do you plan to show there this weekend?? If so I may want some steering servo advise (What to buy that fits???). I will be running with a 2.4 ghz Spektrum Dx2.0.

If your going to be there I'll check in and ask around and go to school.

Thanks for the tips, I saved them...I will pick up those tires prob. this weekend, also need to find the right body. Wish Doug would have had the TC5, I would have prefered to give him the business...they almost leaned me toward a TA05-R...John said this would be better...sounds like he was 100% correct so far. Durablity will likely be the "early issue"...for me at least.
Verndog

I wouldn't count on the shop in Covington too much. You can't even get a set of tires out there. There pretty much an off road shop and they're not as cheap as SIR. Doug is your best bet for parts.

For a servo, I'm using a JR Z590M metal gear. It has 85 ounces of torque and a speed of .15/sec. I think Doug has some of them in stock for about $45. A lot of guys say to go digital, but $120 for a servo is too much for me.

As far as the brushless thing goes, I can't help you there. It's beyond my finances right now. I'm running a co27 in my TC5 and a 19T in my Cyclone. You also should probably stay with a stock size motor for SIR. Sometimes the layouts won't even justify a 19T.

The front bumper on the TC5 is a little strange in shape and they say the Mazda 6 works the best. I have a DNA 2 and it doesn't fit real well in the bumper area. What you might want to do is, put the car together without the body mounts on it and go down to SIR and set a few on there and see what fits good before you buy one.

I'm probably not going to be down there this weekend. I usually go down during the week on tuesday, thursday, or friday. Anyone down there can help you. The guys at SIR are the ones that helped me, and I just try to pay it forward.

Have fun