R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Lipo
Thread: Platinum Lipo
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Leodis
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Looks like our club will run lipo this year.

I have a few questions, forgive me for not scanning 30 odd pages here

1-How much does the 3200 weight?
2-How much does the 4800 weight?
3-How much will the heavy pack weight and at what capacity will it be at?
4-Assuming I will only race stock is it reasonable for me to assume i could tape/glue/screw.... a 4800 into my chassis for the year and simply repeak between every run and get the same performance for race one to say race 20 later on in the year?
5-Compared to a NIHM pack what is the expected lifespan of a lipo?

Thanks
1) 198g

2) 258g

3) Mr Black said the heavy pack will weigh as much as an assembled IB4200 race pack and he originally said that it will be a 3200, but I think he's hinted that Orion has upped the ante. My buggy and truck want me to buy two of them like right now. C'mon Mr. Black, give us some info!

4) It's probably not a good idea to store any kind of battery in your car, but lots of people are doing it with Orion lipos. As far as overall performance goes, my nephew and I have cycled the 4800 35 - 40 times and it's turned me into a lipo fanboy. The future is here. Get on the bus.

5) They say the new batch of IB4200's are better than the old ones, but I'll believe it when I see it. I've had 4 cells go bad in the last year alone and I only use 3 packs. Once I buy those heavy lipos, I won't have to worry about batteries for a couple years. Running multiple classes will be so much easier and cheaper for people who don't have the cash and/or desire to have two chargers and 6 NIMH's. With lipo + BL, the only stuff I'll have to worry about is breaking parts and keeping the tires fresh.