R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda from Alex racing
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 04:22 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I tend to run a lighter weight oil with a stiffer spring... and the set ups that I have now are more geared towards 23T stockers..(which have about the Same topend as some 10T singles that I run) So ..I would say that.. my set up is geared a little towards the Mod' side ..but I do have some 27T Practice motors that I can mess with in 2~3weeks when I get back .... I should have a bunch of time to mess with Set~Ups and such... On a side note I still haven't drilled the Stock pistions out yet...but some of my Japanese buddys tend to go as big as 1.2mm
Also I see that you are running the 1.0mm sway's all the way around have you tried the 1.4mm up front and the 1.2mmin the rear yet..??
-Dave
Ok to generalise here a bit on damping and oil wts...
For me it seems that the standard pistons (.8mm holes) with the 100-200wt oils reccommended per the assy instructions is comparible to the 1mm pistons with 30-40w oil. I enlarged the holes to allow the option to run lighter damping. With 100wt oil there was little room for a softer adjustment to match the settings of comparible cars i.e. the Tamiya-evoIII, Yok-SD etc...

I have tried Sway bars of 1.2mm Fr & 1.0mm Rr, with the higher roll-center there is quite a reduction in chassis roll. I am experimenting with the sway bars as a fine tune for front-rear balance.

You obviously are far more familiar with the Alex products, I just want to bounce some of this around to gain a better perspective of things. There are far fewer CUDA owners here so you have the decided advantage (being in Japan) of seeing more ideas about setups. Thanx for any ideas you have.