R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 AM
EricF
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grasshoppa
Im no expert by any means, but couldnt you just switch out the ball studs to ones compatable with open ended ball cups?
Maybe. But I wouldn't mind if AE provided them for me, or other racers that may want the same thing.

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
put a little shock oil or Losis new-tan colored thrust grease on the threads before you put the cups on.....and you shouldnt have a problem....

the problem isnt the cups dude....
Starscream. My name is Eric not dude I didn't try the grease thing. That will probably fix the tightness of the threads into the ball cups. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Cyclone Charlie;3398391]I always add a little grease to all the screws and rods during assembly. It keeps them from getting in a stuck condition if you need to adjust something or remove it. You can use the black grease that came with your kit too!QUOTE]

Thanks Charlie for the advise.

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Eric,

I am not sure. The ones I Have are some of the best ball cups I have ever had. After a few weeks of use on mine I still have almost zero play in them. My kit is a production kit as well. Brent (51) may know if there was a running change in the materials or something.

As for the open top design most of the guys just use a small drill bit and pop a hole in the ball cup (not really what you want to hear) to do what your talking about. It works perfect but is a little bit of a PIA to do them all at first. But the good thing is it only has to be done once! LOL

EA
EA, The cups do fit great. That wasn't my concern. I guess I could/ should have phrased my concern differently. I did do the hole with my drill bit. I'd rather buy it with the hole already in it if possible.

Thanks,
E