R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda from Alex racing
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 03:20 PM
JDM_DOHC_SiR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Back-side of the "A" Mr. Dot
I suffered from a minor mech prob, the lower right side screw on the front c-hub parted ways after a few laps. Darndest thing, I was really bummed about the handling until I saw what had happened. The car was pretty solid all evening, so after hammering away at it for a few weeks with radio problems and such, things are finally coming together.

Dave have you tried a softer setup, and if so what prompted you to run it stiffer. Is this possibly a Mod motor setup.

Most of the folks around here have very soft spring suspension settings, in point of fact I believe my CUDA has the firmest settings of the "competitive" cars at So-cal. Thats why I'm thinking of trying lighter oil ?

Tell me more BIG DAVE

I tend to run a lighter weight oil with a stiffer spring... and the set ups that I have now are more geared towards 23T stockers..(which have about the Same topend as some 10T singles that I run) So ..I would say that.. my set up is geared a little towards the Mod' side ..but I do have some 27T Practice motors that I can mess with in 2~3weeks when I get back .... I should have a bunch of time to mess with Set~Ups and such... On a side note I still haven't drilled the Stock pistions out yet...but some of my Japanese buddys tend to go as big as 1.2mm
Also I see that you are running the 1.0mm sway's all the way around have you tried the 1.4mm up front and the 1.2mmin the rear yet..??
-Dave