R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serious gas engine question. pro engine tuners look here
Old 11-12-2001, 12:08 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

well i answered my own question trying to draw up a picture for you guys.

here is the deal, the brass side is the "jet" its the hollow tube the fuel comes in threw, the black side is the needle. if you screw both side IN (clockwise) this leans or kills the fuel intake. i kknow this already (but not my question) so i know that turning both in is not what im wanting. im wanting the fuel mix down lower into the low end side of the powerband so what im wanting is the brass side OUT and the black "needle" side in this moves the fuel mix over to the left more wich is in the low end section more. get it?

if the brass side is set say flush and i screw the black "needle" side in 1 turn im leaning the low end (this is not what i want) its already set fine. if the black side is set (from the factory or what ever) and i screw the BRASS screw in its doing the same thing leaning out the low end (again NOT what i want)

i want the whole needle setting more into the lower end powerband of the enigne so as the slide just starts to open the spray bar is right there in the begining of the air intake section. not more in the midrange section of the engine. where its already at. i posted this because i was in a hurry to find the answer but after studing it for a while i figured out what i needed on my own

so i guess you guys no now what im after.