R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 AM
thewholeyearinn
Tech Adept

I hear you Edward, but with Tommy Berardi not beating on you and everyone else lately about 1/8th scale, someone had to pick up the slack of the relentless nitromaniac TB!

NOW, more importantly, I must break you in this week's edition of the TRS NEWLY RESURRECTED MOD TRUCK CLASS. I'm calling out the fan fav. Edward Toth, even though I switched from the evil empire to AE!!!

P.S. If anyone gets a futaba radio, you have to change it from HRS to PPM if you are not using digital servos, even with the FAAST or Specktrum systems (i can almost hear the collective "duhhhhhhhhhhhh"). I learned that this past weekend in my buggy and truck, servos toasty! that would explain the glitchy glitchy!!! haaaaaaaaaa! You're right ed, the more you try the more you learn. Of course, I'm the exception to that rule, I've had four of every car class over the past three years and I'm still an idiot!!!!!!!! Perhaps each week i fill up two brain cells then kill four, I'm backpedaling!

I ran a novak 5.5 with a 16 tooth, does that sound close to you, its hard to say if it was good or not cuz i had my futaba radio booogered up! Not sure what affect that had on the ESC.

Ed, is there any way to adjust the AE diff without popping the rear camber link ball stud and sticking a driver in there?

Icenutz - actually it takes a t-shirt and an available optional bullet-proof, radiation-resistant case to carry your new radio in for me to buy it!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO FUTABA / FAAST 2.4 GHZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the Way, CR Lovell - Awesome race in 1/8th scale this past sunday, i cracked under the pressure you applied at the end, but putting yourself in those positions is the only way to improve, so I'll call it good experience. That was a blast, the two most fun races I've had so far this summer were getting smoked by you and Ed and 1/8th buggy!!! Again, that was alot of fun - thanks for racing! Hopefully we'll catch you again sometime soon.