R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 AM
gansei
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi gansei,

With the clutch, I think you need to chamfer the holes in your clutch bell a little more, so they are smooth and will not wear the shoe so much.

The ridge on the support plate can also be made smaller, I sand mine down to 1.2mm (from about 1.7mm I think) this will give you the option to run the clutch shoe for a lot longer.

I run the Red shoe, I dont know if this will last longer ?

My Clutch shoes will last at least 2 or 3 nationals, if you are using too many then something is not correct, maybe too much slip........

For me there is nothing wrong with the UFO, at our nationals, no car has a better clutch, and the Kyosho drivers are now using the UFO clutch too !
Also I dont have a problem with excessive wear on the pinions, if the mesh is correct they should last fine, the UFO is probably the smallest and lighest race clutch on the market, putting heavy steel pinions on it kind of defeats the design principle.

With my G4+, it came with a thicker clutch shoe, and the support plate ridge already smaller, so these should give you what you want. I have not tested the new shoes yet, but they may need slightly more weight behind them as they are quiet a bit thicker, hence heavier.

Good Luck.
thanks for your tip...

i chamfer off bell inside by sand paper.. But shoe wear did not improve much.

i quess that shoe wear problem is outstanding in hot weather..
(i feel it in Jakarta FEMCA 2007.. and korea weather is hot lately )

cutting of The ridge on the support plate... i will try it.. thanks..

and i think that too low weight clutch system cause unstable idling.
(it make flame out easily)

so i always used 2 weigtht shim in my UFO Clutch.

i knew that your G4+ flamed out in your recent national Race
(But i did not think clutch weight problem ^^)

but nevertheless flame out.. you could get 2nd position.. congraturation!!

Last edited by gansei; 06-11-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: additon ment