R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 07:50 AM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bretzkej
OK I finally got mine all built ITF Chassis and everything.
Few Questions:

I have the TC Spec with the 3.5 Vector motor, and when you turn the wheels the motor click as if the magnet are so strong. Is this normal? Just seems weird.

How tight is everyone making there belts?
The clicking noise is probably the pin in the layshaft pulleys. It moves from end to end as the layshaft turns. To stop this you can put a little diff lube on the pin...It doesnt hurt anything as it is though....just annoying if you dont know what it is.

Originally Posted by home13oy75
I noticed that I have a little play in my A arms. With the wheelbase shims in, the A arm can still slide a little along the hinge pin. IS this normal or should I have no play there?
When you install the arms make sure you put the car on a flat surface and push down on the hinge pin mounts as you tighten them. This helps to keep them both flat and in the same position. When you do this it will take most all of the slop out of them as well. If they are to tight lightly tap the front and back of each arm with a wrench and it will seat the mounts the rest of the way. This is how the 007 was as well. If you ever get a mysterious tweak that you cant find check these mounts as well as they could move in a very very hard crash.

EA