R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
bender
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys are too funny

Originally Posted by BradR
Well, what is the point of this thread? Anyone who has ever started a "what is the best..." thread is obviously looking for input before making their own decision.

Where is the dishonesty? As I stated in my previous post, everyone believes that their car is the best. What is wrong with presenting the reasons (fact or opinion) why they feel that way?
They are looking for opinions yes, but not a sales pitch - which is what they usually get .
An opinion is more than "my car is best", an opinion is "my car is best because...." - it is the reasoning, as you put it, behind the statement - and their aren't too many reasons put forward here about why brand "X" is the best.

Ironically, my original post wasn't directed at yourself, as much as it was to Mr Weatherley - simply because the Predator series has never proven to be "a world beater" except in very specific circumstances.

At the very least Brad, J-Concepts have 2 world titles to their credit - something not achievable without a car that is at least "extremely good" - however this doesn't mean that the car (or any other) is without faults, something all company reps aren't too keen to admit - and can be seen by the way they instantly defend their product without consideration of whether comments made were actually truthful or not.

Originally Posted by Scrubb
Jason Rouna and Brad Reelfs are both successfull racers, why wouldn't their opinion be just as valuable (or more) than yours, Bender?
I never said their opinions weren't valuable nor compared them to my own opinions - but have they (or anyone else) actually offered any opinions?
There is a big difference between sales pitch and an actual opinion.

I'm sure with their experience and skills, they have knowledge that is very valuable - though again, their opinions will be obviously biased towards their own products (like many others - I'm not trying to single anyone out) and therefore perhaps not as honest as they could be.

We all know to "Never trust a salesman"

Now, where did I put that bait....