R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 02:05 AM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
My friend, I didn't want to post this but now that you've "opened the door" so to speak, here goes ... after the first 3 tanks of testing that you see in the video, I got home and found all the shocks were dirty so I cleaned them. By the time I wanted to take the car out again the following weekend I noticed even more oil had leaked and the diff also had some seepage. So, I will need what little I have of the kit's diff and shock oil because I don't how much I'll get for the money should I need to buy some more luxurious bottles.
Leaking shocks and diffs? That's not too good.

I haven't seen any posts about leaking shocks, but someone did post a link to some advice on how to bleed them a certain way: http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?p=23104#23104

The leaking diff is not so surprising, as they choose to use the o-ring instead of a gasket. IMO, gasket is better.

Anybody else have problems with leaking shocks or diffs??

However, I am also a generous kinda guy when it comes to fellow wedmaster-hobbyists who help promote the sport/hobby such as you so should you need some ... you know, in case you're tempted after seeing my video ... PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.
Thanks for offering.

For me, I have non-luxurious ones from Serpent, Trinity and AE should I feel the need to bend over for an F180 or a G4+ (I'm not implying that they're expensive but I just bought the NT1 so ...)