R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Strange problem
Thread: Strange problem
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 02:48 PM
alucard13
Tech Fanatic

Thanx for the advice. I am in the process of getting a primer less tank, it is on order from my lhs. I have a 4wd without belts. I maybe running it to rich, but then again, i may need a new engine. since i am new to this, there is no telling how much damage i've done to the engine. I was running it with a new filter in it when this started happening. i havent noticed much of a temp change. its running about 240 i believe. when i have it running at full throttle for a couple runs, i noticed it go up to 262.

what is WOT?

the brake doesnt seem to be engaging, although during the main event, my car went bezerk before the race and i couldnt race in the main event. i started it up and when i tapped the throttle to make sure it was working, it went to full speed and it wouldn't respond to any input of the radio. i thought maybe something may have happened to the reciver or transmitter, but when i brought it back home i ran it with no problem. so the only thing i can think of is that someone else had thier radio on and inteferred with mine.

speaking of maintenance, what is the proper maintenenace for a nitro engine? So far i know to put after run oil in it after every day of racing, clean the filters and make sure the screws are tightened. am i missing anything?

edit 7:00pm est 4-14-03:

I ran it out in my street and here is what i found. i tried to run it like i was on a track, making alot of turns, going full throttle for a few seconds, making hard turns, burning rubber, etc.

First, it could just be me, but i noticed that it cools down very quickly. i will run it hard by going full throttle for a few seconds, pausing for a second then doing it again. i did this a few times and the temp didnt go much over 240-250. if i just ran it going 1/4 to 1/2 throttle it would reach maybe 220-230. thats the first thing.

i noticed the more i turned and the harder i turned thats when it would slow down and not move, even though i had the throttle down. so what i did was try to see if the flywheel was moving when the throttle was on and i found that it wasnt. i was able to look at it when the problem happened. i had the throttle down almost all the way when it was slowing down and i looked at the flywheel and it was slowing down and then it stopped, so it wasnt moving the spur gear, but the engine was still revved up. it didnt slow down. then about half a second later, with my finger still on the throttle the flywheel started to move again thus moving the spur gear. so i guess now my questions is, what would cause the flywheel to stop moving even though the throttle is down? like i said, strange problem.

Last edited by alucard13; 04-14-2003 at 03:54 PM.