R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 02:42 PM
warlord385
Tech Adept

sure. I have my own racing setup and theory I follow and have been tweaking (only been racing for 3 months but I know my cars)

This if for rubber and on ozite

Front
blue springs (thinkin about changing to next stiffest))
60wt - 4 holes (thinkin about using 3)
1mm droop (gonna try 3mm)
1.5 camber
0 toe
Anti roll bar is stiffest(may go to 45)
lovely front one-way

Rear
Blue springs (thinkin about changin to next stiffest)
60wt - 3holes (thinkin about using 2)
5mm droop (gonna try 5,6,7)
2.0 camper
2 degree toe
2.0mm roll bar
Really really tight rear diff

I plan on messin around with droop more than anything next time I'm at hte track and try to go stiffer with my setup. I am the 3rd or 4th fastest person at our track which i think is more due to the fact i hit stuff so often but the car is the fastes around the corner if driven right. I pretty much only have to get of the throttle to point the car into the corner but after its pointed in its full throttle all the way to the next corner. Its great fun and easy to drive. I use a futaba magnum junior so I think havin some expo might help me from hittin stuff (have 3pk comin in). Oh hear the caster is stock but the wheel base is shortened with 1mm in from of arms and 8 in rear. I have foam setup also still tweakin this rubber setup and foam (i'm always tweakin). Maybe two more practice days and I'll find it. Oh yeah only one problem with this setup. There is a very very very slight oversteer. Its kinda cool on ozite cause when the rear skids it sounds like a real car skidding; it makes that tire screeching sound. Still tryin to figure it out. But tell me wut you think