R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 01:21 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Warpspeed

Anyone can cut flat graphite/fiberglass, and use a standard chassis as a template for the battery locations. I have as yet, seen a definitive answer for the "improved" handling of this "car". Seems to me, one does things to improve a car with a goal in mind... a reason to do "this and that". And "this and that" is based on knowledge of how the overall suspension works, not to mention, particular use. Face it. You could realistically build a car for carpet... and asphalt... and the two use similar drivetrain components... but must utilize different theory to build each setup. The answers given for the "improved handling" are sparse and general. Heck... you might have just got the right tire/insert combination for the day! I guess im asking... what was your reasoning for doing the chassis the way it is? If the cars were mostly tested on medium bite asphalt tracks... then the "raised" chassis WOULD increase "stability" and "traction". Anyone knows, you raise overall ride-height, the chassis has a slower response to directional input... not to mention the change to roll center and roll moment. Its simple geometry... not rocket science. But one cannot simply swap battery location from one side to the other.. and add a "fancy" brace and claim it as a new "car". I dont know... maybe i am too much of a tweak to think it can be that simple....
- Dave