R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 08:24 AM
sport10
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Black
Hey guys I have a few questions. My 8ight is loose as all get out in the rear, what can I do to help. And before everyone asks, I have been racing for about 15 years and this is my 2nd 8ight, and the first one was on rails. But for some reason this car just doesn't feel the same. Was there some major running change? I am really struggling with this 2nd car and I am going to get rid of it if I can't get it going right soon. My basic setup is 3-5-1, F-54/40wt, R-55/32.5. This is the EXACT same setup I had on my other car which was dialed but this car is WAY off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Marcus
This is the same setup I run and I had to do a couple of things to get the rear end hooked up. First unless the track is high traction blue-groove move the rear hubs all the way forward. This alone helps alot with traction. Using the longer 4-B rear camber link position helps make the rear more predictable as does moving the rear shocks to the 3-outside location. Also, going to a softer clutch helps greatly in loose conditions. I use 2 aluminum w/gold springs and 2 carbon w/green springs on my clutch. The high downforce proline wing helps too.