R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Insane Speed Run car almost complete
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 AM
b4maz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by trjracing
I hope all works out for you, Try running some down force on the car too. If you do go rubber belted tires Please be careful and here is the reason, In the beginning of 2002 I was bench testing a 2wd electric car to see more or less what kind of power I had. It was a brushed motor 2wd car with super nitro rubber belted tires with rims, now the problem I had at the time I kept popping the tires off on the bench test so after trying many bench tests the tires didn't pop off the worst happened since the belted tires couldn't expand any larger at max rpm the side wall of the tire failed ripped up ward and caught my right thumb and cut me deep and blood everywhere I now have a permenant scar on my thumb from bench testing tires, My best friend/co-worker spent about 6-8 minutes cleaning up my blood on the table top and floor and the car. That wasn't a fun experience. So Please be careful when bench testing tires, I wouldn't want anyone to go through my experience, it was painful I have experience too with speed runs, In 2003 I ran my TC3 with a Hacker C50 with 12 cells at 71mph at half track if I had the space I could of gone alot faster the parking lot was limited and that's all I had for testing at the time. After 3 passes I wrecked I went to steer my car to the left and coast it to a stop but when I turned left the TC3 went airborne came back down went strate into the curb hit the fence and parts went everywhere too get to the point the car was totalled everything damaged and broken. But it gave the many people who where there that day something to talk about for the rest of that summer. Good Luck with your car and be careful with them bench tests Take Care...
Thanks for the support. Sorry about your accident. I was lucky with my tire explosion as I wasn't directly over the car and none of my body parts were close to the wheel when it happened. I just hope that this type of failure doesn't happen during street testing. It would be catastrophic.