R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T2'007
Thread: Xray T2'007
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
teamgp
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daveb
I'm running on a med/low bite asphalt track and have a question. I've raced several times this year with my US '007's and have been satisfied with the car. Would the car handle even better should I purchase the optional 2.0 mm top plate. I was thinking of getting it but was concerned if I'd really notice a difference. Thanks!
I've been running my carpet spec 007 with rubber tires on medium grip carpet and asphalt with success as well. However, this past weekend I ran the new 2.0mm top deck while running rubber tires on an asphalt track that started off with medium grip and ended with HIGH grip in the mains (track was treated and temped at 130F+). I definitely noticed a difference with the 2.0mm deck while running 19t and a 7x1. The car was easier to drive and allowed me to try pretty radical setup changes that worked to free up the rear end without upsetting the cars balance too much. My lap times were more consistent than they ever have been racing rubber tires with the US spec chassis.