R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Strange problem
Thread: Strange problem
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2003, 09:16 PM
alucard13
Tech Fanatic

Default Strange problem

While i was racing today i noticed that my car, even though i had it on full throttle, was barely moving. So i checked it out and it looked like the fuel tank was the problem because i noticed something inside where the primper pump goes down, plus it had a hairline crack underneath the tank. So i got a new tank (not the same type as the original, but it was from hpi and it fit the car). Right away i noticed that it primed better and only took a few pumps to get fuel to the engine whereas in the old tank even though i primed it it could get fuel through the line to the tank. That seemed to fix the problem, but while racing and then when i took it home and tried it out it did slow down even though i had it at full throttle. not nearly as often as it did before the new tank. Besides not getting fuel to the engine (which as far as i can tell the new tank is working fine), what would cause the car not to move even if i have the throttle all the way down? all in all the car ran great today except for this annying issue. I didnt get to finish the 2nd heat because of it.