R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 01:42 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
hey if your running the mamba 5700 careful of your diffs and belts with this car
it is a sweet car tho,i was gona get it but it was way to much money to get so i got the zx-5
i just got back from running the car.i ran it with the brushless 5.5 motor.i must say,i think that motor is perfect for these cars.alot of power yet very drivable.the car really blew me away.it handles like an absolute dream.it is an extremely durable car and was down right glued to the track.once i made a few small changes to the setup,it was on point and i almost couldnt make a mistake.it seems to share the suspension geometry of the BJ4 but i cant be certain without comparing with both in my hands.i did try the BJ4 and that was also an unreal car.the only problem my buddy was having was that it was kinda fragile.i do feel that the 501x could use a 1 way to eliminate a slight on power push but overall i think it was a great purchase and i am very happy with its performance.the suspension is silky smoothe,the build and parts quality is mind boggling,it jumps great,absorbs the rough stuff like it is not there,and i came home after 12 battery packs with it in one piece and didnt need to go in my tool box for anything but a nut driver to adjust the clutch when i first went out.
in a nutshell,i find that all the buggies are awesome.i like the look,handling,and quality of the tamiya. the BJ4 felt awesome,and im sure the rest run awesome to.i think it is gonna come down to looks and local support.i will be setting up to run lipo saddle packs with the car next.