R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:30 PM
THE DARKSIDE
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boomer
Exactly - and since most people, when they drive, have spin problems when they roll on the throttle and the rears want to spin, giving more forward grip (as opposed to rear grip) is a recipe for spinning out.

Oval is completely different from road-course. Oval can heat the tires and get purples to feel like greens. . . (exageration! ) and once you're at speed, you're pretty much at speed. In addition, Oval uses a LOT of adjustments to fine tune a specific movement.

Road-course has to deal with more variables and really has to deal with on-throttle spins. A forward-rake may be fine for Oval, but it's murder for Road-Course. With Road-Course, we tend to fight for rear traction on exit - we can't run those massive wings that Oval runs.

So - I'll qualify my advice to Road-Course applications - but it's still valid. Get forward rake on a Road-Course car and expect to spin out unless you are Deific with your throttle control. . .
I think that there are better ways of making this type of adjustment than raking the chassis rearward.

-E