R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Supporting your LHS
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 PM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Being a businessman and helping two of my LHSs get started, it is amazing to read the posts bashing said stores when it comes to pricing. The first rule of business is that you have to make a profit. It seems like many of you want the stores to just give stuff away to you. What is the use of being in business if you are not making some kind of profit! Like I have seen in some other posts, the owner of the lhs has to pay rent/lease, electricity for the lights, buy products and parts to stock the store, pay employees' salaries, buy insurance to cover the store for fire/theft/personal injury, provide health insurance for full-time employees (some do provide that), and pay for advertising, accountants, lawyers, taxes, etc. All of this and he/she still has to make enough to pay their personal financial responsibilities as well. Most of these owners have mortgaged much of their lives away just to open the store (using their homes, cars, retirement accts, co-signers, etc). Like many, I may not like the pricing in some stores or some products in their stores, but I do understand that if they don't make a certain margin, they don't stay in business. If you want to make all of your purchases online to say money, that is your right. However, don't bash the person that decided to open a shop locally so that you don't have to wait days or weeks for what you need.