R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:33 AM
mtveten
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The spurs and pinions shown as new option parts are just tuning parts not special hop-ups. Where I think X-ray screwed up with the kit release is in their omition of the front CVD's and the required yellow clutch shoe. The plastic hexs although cheap looking fit snug and don't come off in the wheel. I think they would have been better off bumping the kit price 30 or so and included all the required parts.

Comparing to the G4S I can say with certainty that my X-ray is cheaper, easier to work on and handles far better in low grip.

Although the TM car comes with lots of bling and beffy parts out of the box you still have to replace the rear side, front side, brake pulley and pinions to gear it for anything smaller than a full scale car track. Upgraded shock bladders, clutch shoes, fly weights, clutch spring, brake disk & modified rear & front arms are also a must. In race ready trim after buying the required tuning parts for both cars my Magic was about about $100 more than my NT1.

I will say that last season on med grip open circuits my G4S looked far better than anything else last season.

Mark