R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Midwest Series
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
RayJ
Tech Regular

Default Midwest Series in Detroit

Tom no one is really talking behind your back...........and no one questions your intentions as club president other than you being hard working and wanting to have a Detroit Club. I can't speak for all racers......but for myself I can only choose to support one club. I choose Toledo because it's an established first rate track.........and there is NO TEAR DOWN and BUILD every time we want to race. Tire wear is also very low........ and it has a finished track surface similar to many major event races I go to. The first year I supported the DRCC( at Walmart) I was one of only a handful of people who were there first thing in the morning to set up the track.........and then tear it back down. Every race it was like that. Mark, Frank,Brian, Dave and one or two others ended up setting up and tearing it all down. Tom..... as hard as we all work...........why would I want to add another three to four hours of hard manual labor to a day where I just want to race.......chat with my friends....have afew laughs and pack up and go home? I can drive one hour and 20 mins and be at one of the premier tracks in the country. I don't know how many races you've been to lately Tom........... but attendance for on-road is not going up...........in fact it's going down! Especially at the local level. I would much rather support ONE local track........... and make a successful club STAY successful. Spreading racers out over two locations on race weekends lowers the number of drivers attending club races. That makes no sense to me. Tom no one believes that you've done nothing but try your best................ but enthusiasm alone.............when it goes against the logistics and practicality of racing at Toledo makes no sense to me. If you really think about it.......NONE of this is personal............it's JUST the plain truth.