R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Joep
Tech Regular

My humble opinion is that the evolution of the 1/10 electro cars has become a sort of high tech top car development. Just like the F1 in real life. This leaves not much room to really change the basic design within the current rules. The differences can’t be find anymore in big changes, but have to be in small (but important) technical design choices. That’s why we see the top brands make little changes and grow more and more towards each other. This is (again my opinion) also the reason why the S400 looks al lot like the rest of the other cars.

The real test will be it’s performance on the track. Durability, stability, ease of maintenance, adjustability, availability of spares, service and much more will play an important role in the success of any car.

And as in ‘real life’ lots of people have their favorite brand (eg. I like Aston Martin more than Ferrari) and therefore some people (like myself) are very interested in photos and more details of a specific new ‘thing’. I’m Dutch and therefore I’m also very interested in the new S400. Because Serpent is Dutch J

Within a few weeks (I hope not Months) we will be able to test the S400.

BTW: Here is the official news about the S400 form the Serpent website

(Just my 2 cents)