R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 09:08 PM
air8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laysander
how do i measure the overall shock length?should i start from shock cap up to the bottom? and how about the ride height? i only have a caliper with me and dont have any other equipment to measure the height and length of my 8ight. thanks
Most are measuring from center to center on the screws that mount the shocks. Center of top screw to center of bottom screw. It's still iffy to me.

The caliper will be a little difficult to use to measure ride height. At the rear and center of the chassis is a good measuring point if the chassis is not too worn down. If so, move forward to the point in front of the rear arm. The mud guard needs to come off though. Up front I have the mud guard off and measure behind the front arm. These places seem to be the straightest points.

A guy I race with actually uses an old motor mount and a flat head screw in one of the holes. When using your calipers, measure the height from the top of the screw to the bottom of the motor mount. Then set it under the chassis and make adjustments to get the chassis to just touch the top of the screw. After seeing this, it is easy to measure the ride height.