R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy Race of Champions
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 02:46 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
blashpheme... so your the type that wants to put rubber tyres on 12th scale also eh. more to europe then. plus rubber tyres will kill a carpet track in a year were foam is easier on the carpet. and we all know that foam is faster then rubber. why would I want to go slower?
For a guy that know so much you sure are clueless about a lot of stuff...lol!

Rubber tire will NOT wear out carpet faster than foams. That is an old wives tale and had proven over and over not to be true. Just ask Scotty Ernst. More people race rubber than foam at hs track. His carpet is 3 years old and in excellent shape.

Here are 3 facts:

1. I know that this winter season Schumacher sold 2x as manny rubber tires as any past year winter season. The local club racers want to run rubber becuase that can run several weeks on a set of rubber tires. No roll out, ride height, droop and camber changes and no chunking.

2. Also...I hear JACO is working on a carpet specific RUBBER tire for the next winter season. They would not be spending the thoudands of dollars it takes to mold and develop rubber tires for no reason.

3. Looking at how the Rubber entries at the IIC and Snowbirds filled up so fast I think lots of guys have had it with foam tires. At the Novak race this year several racers switched to the rubber class after blowing through $300 of foams in 2 days practice. The spent $50 on rubber tires and ran 2 days of qualifying the mains and stillused them for weeks of club racing afterwards.