R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Insane Speed Run car almost complete
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 01:30 PM
b4maz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Insane Speed Run car almost complete

I designed my car in CATIA V5. I am an Aerospace Engineer for Boeing and I use CATIA V5R14 and Unigraphics NX4 on a daily basis. At home I use Solidworks. Details on my Insane Speed Run car are here

This pic is from the file of my car assembly converted from CATIA to Soliworks and it did a terrible job on translating. A lot of the detail was left out. Details on my Insane Speed Run car are here

Detail pic. Details on my Insane Speed Run car are here

This pic shows the CG relative to the axles. This analysis was done in CATIA. Its a beautiful program. Details on my Insane Speed Run car are here

This is a stress analysis done on the body of the car at 200mph speeds and the associated forces. The deformation of the body is exaggerated 90000 times but it shows how the body would deform. Details on my Insane Speed Run car are here

Here is the work done so far. The chassis is made from G10 material. This is a prototype chassis that I can work on to get all the bugs worked out. The final chassis will be made from carbon fiber. I am still waiting for the motor, so that space in the motor clamps is open. I have made a couple design changes since my last update and have decided to go with a 12s setup instead of the original 8s. The extra 4s pack is represented by the blue ni-cad pack laying across the chassis. This is where I will place the extra 4s li-po pack when I receive it. The Castle Creations HV-110 speed control is under the blue pack. This speed control was generously donated to me from Joe Ford at Castle Creations. The extra 4s li-po pack is represented as this blue ni-cad pack. The two Thunder Power 4s 3300 packs are the black ones side by side. This picture shows my donor RC10L3 located above my project "X2". This is the car where I got all my suspension pieces.

Details on my Insane Speed Run car are here