R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Goes Brushless!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Johnathan
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Well some electronics outfit made this for traxxas, I'd say if it is indeed sensorless, It wouldnt be hard to imagine Castle Creations making it to Traxxas specs. Since they are saying 70Mph on a 3 cell lipo, wouldnt that be a Mamba 7700 motor? Traxxas has a pretty good reputation, and letting some little unknown electronics company make a BL system, is hard to swallow, gotta be someone already established that can produce mass quanitiy since this truck WILL be a huge hit. Say bye bye to NiMH's!!
i'm not quite sure they Actually reached 70 mph, it seems too good to be true. but, maybe it could be so with an insanely huge pinion gear...

i agree though with the "reduction" of nimh's. people will want to drive really fast, so they'll buy lipo's. they will realize how much better lipo's are, and thus, lipo's will be used more widely. they can enjoy lower IR, better D-charge curves, and higher capacities! now that such a huge company has made such steps, lipo and brushless ARE going to be encouraged! this will make lipo and brushless much more accepted! the future is here!!!

i wonder if any other companies will try brushless... ( tamiya, duratrax, hpi... etc.)