R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NTC5 on the way?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM
lil-bump
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

You all make great points. but you have to look how many RTR guys eventualy become hardcore racers(myself included). If only 1 out 10 rtr racers become hardcore racers then the battle is won. Look at your local club and see how many of your members starting racing with a t-maxx thats how I got hooked. I also believe it would be extremely hard to get a club started or expanded without the RTR market. The average Joe is not going to shell out 400 bucks for a kit without an engine,radio or electronics and by the way you have to put it together too!!! This is what turned me away about 20 years ago when I really wanted to get in the hobby. But when the T-maxx came out it allowed me to get my feet wet without breaking the bank. I guess my main point is a RTR veheicle is a great portal into this great hobby of RC racing. You never know the guy who just beat you probally started out with a NTC3 RTR. I believe we need to help the RTR guys and teach them that there is a much better product In buying Kits