R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NTC5 on the way?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Team Lotus
Tech Fanatic

I have to agree with Scott Fischer that Associated doesn't
seem to care about 1/10 nitro onroad anymore.
They have gone along with the other rc manufacturers in promoting and producing endless offroad vehicles such as truggies and buggys and monster trucks, etc., etc., etc.
Have you noticed that all of the rc car magazines focus 90% of their content on these types of vehicles and what is left over is sometimes onroad vehicles. They are guilty of promoting this unfair trend and there are plenty of the follow-the-trend type who will think they have to have a truggy or whatever to be cool. And the manufacturers are happy to oblige, ka-ching, ka-ching$$$$ I hardly ever waste my money on any of the rc car magazines due to this; and I used to be a regular purchaser of them all!

I got into rc cars in the 80's and it was mostly offroad back then such as the Associated RC10. A few years later the onroad cars started getting more popular and then came the touring cars in the 90's and later came the nitro onroad cars too. But now the trend has reverted back to offroad and the play-in-the-dirt set are having it all their way!

So until (if ever) that trend changes don't expect to see much new from Associated or anyone else is concerned when it comes to new and interesting onroad cars.