R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Legalization
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 PM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As for race times, if race directors and organizations would clean up their program a bit, it wouldn't be an issue. Too many tracks have 4-6 car heats and run such relaxed race days, that it wouldn't be a real problem to step it up and make it work. If you reduced the amount of classes for everyone to pick and choose from, as well, you could eliminate a lot of delays and slow downs from a race day.

The downside to your comment however is a lot of the people who RACE do it for FUN. You start cramming the speed of the program, or stuffing 10 cars in all the heats...and eliminating small classes, you may lose the guys who run 2 classes and help keep enough money coming in for the track operations to exist.

Cut a driver to ONE class, Take the FUN of the day away...and end up with less racers...and a track shutting down.

I've been to a lot of races where you have 3 or 4 classes with 10 cars in each class. Instead of splitting the cars into 2 heats, ALL 10 run together all day long..and it's usually a hack fest, plus only having 4 heats makes to program run TOO fast...and doesn't leave time to work on the car between rounds...especially if you are running two of the 4 classes.

bxpitbull,

I personally was not referring to ANY race with PRO's in mind, but moreso thinking of the CLUB races and local track events.

As for LARGE EVENTS, turn a 2 day event into a 3 day event...and GO FOR IT. PRO's are the LAST people I think of when trying to layout an event. It's the SPORTSMAN "common guy" racer that I want to see people cater more to.