R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 02:01 AM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Scrapping Chassis

Originally posted by khyber
Dudes thanks for all the input..... InitialD I will get the 705 this weekend and apply all your suggestion

BTW ... here is another food for discussion , I am running 6 and 7 ride height (F and R) and -1 and 3 droop (F/R) with orange spring plus 4 holes damping. The question is , why I scrapped my chassis more than my other fellow racer sometimes my nice polished rb x 12 pipe also got scratched??? Something wrong with my driving or setup. Performance wise I am quite happy with this setup which garnered top b-main at the last serpent race
When the chassis gets scrapped like that even at that ride height, I would be inclined to think that there is either excessive amount of body roll or the track conditions are pretty bumpy. It is pretty normal for the chassis to get scrapped but I think orange springs with 4 holes in the piston shocks will make the car too sluggish in and out of corners. The car will bottom out when you accelerate and will dive too much to the front when you apply brake or scrape the sides when you corner hard. It is not too good if you scrape the chassis on the track when you corner because when the bottom of your chassis hits the track, the suspension hits infinity and there is a high chance that your car will spin out...

Running foams you can live with harder springs. Softer springs like the orange ones are more suited for rubber tire type of setup.

I believe you are already running very soft foams (35 shore front and rear?) which should already give you enough traction... You could very well then try out harder suspension springs...