R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 04:58 AM
EVIL-ET
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Well guys went to kissimmee raceway and I had some fear for the 2nd gear spur. Sure enough after a few tanks the 2nd gear spur became very silvery and was pretty much near wearing completely out.

Not good and very unhappy about this. I figure if anyone would survive this it would be me due to all my option parts ive purchaed to help this as well as the car being so lightweight. Im pretty sad too my jlr red dot ended up tuning out like a piece of crap and im pretty sure something is wrong with the gastank.

Not a good day at all for me. I almost feel like getting out of the hobby for awhile. Especially after a few other events that have been happening to me this week.

Id probably go and get that nt1 , but it sounds like its also a dud. Leaving me really no where to go. Ill see how long I can deal with this 2nd gear spur issue. Looks like im about to go buy a bulk pack of spurs.
i used to strip at least 4 spur gears a meeting i've got all the option parts 4mm chassis, one piece engine mount, etc. then i notice the carby(sirio sti) was just touching the brake disc so i shimmed the engine around one millimeter on the engine mount that fixed my stripping down to half the amount, than i fitted the steel 2nd gear pinion an now rarely strip 2nd gear spur(only if i stuff up with driving). why shim engine because the pinion is going to meet the spur close to the center line and not at the bottom and you can have a better mesh, driving improved too.