R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:50 AM
Walt
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also confirmed that this is his current thinking, but remember, schedules like this are never etched in stone.

He changed because he heard complaints about running them on the same day. But, as a former track owner, I can tell you that there is a pitfall here that's difficult to stay out of: only the unhappy people make any noise, and this makes it seem like 'everyone' is unhappy.

I think that once they start up this way (separate days) other people will complain and he might move it back.

I have heard that some on-road guys don't want to run when the off-road guys are running because they are afraid of dust from the off-road track settling onto the on-road track. Personally, I don't see this as a problem.

I have not heard any good reason why the off-road guys would mind the on-road guys running (as long as they don't make the off-road track mud to try to keep dust down for the on-road guys).

So, I would think that their overall 'rule' of 'three cars make a class' would apply... if three on-road guys show up on Sunday, and want to race, and won't complain about 'dust' from the off-road track, then why not let them run? They can still have Saturday be their 'on-road only' day, for those on-road guys that refuse to run when an off-road race is going on next door.

If a bunch of on-road guys are there on a Sunday, with money in their hands, and want to race, I can't see them saying 'sorry... we don't want your money', unless it somehow affected their 'bread and butter' off-road, but again, I have yet to hear any reason why on-road would mess up off-road.

We'll see what happens.

I did stop by there yesterday to help lay out the on-road track a little with Bernie. It's going to be very nice. The surface looks incredible! I can't wait to get my car out there.