R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help!!! I need your comments!!! Please read!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:49 AM
steelhawke
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is why you must insure a package and make sure somebody has to sign to recieve the package. I had a friend that pulled this scam with tiger direct, he ordered a complete computer (can'y say I agree with it but here's what happened). One day he and I went to his house where a big box was sitting by the backdoor. He was like cool, here's the parts to build my new pc. He got it into the house and put together everything, and had an instant new pc. Two days later He told me he called Tiger Direct and asked when He would be getting his stuff. Well ofcourse the said its was shipped and he should've gotten it. Long story short he pissed and moaned and Tiger had too send him a complete new pc. Tiger insured the package but it was the drivers fault for leaving it at a door. The police won't get involved in product shipping issues, they don't have time for that kinda stuff. Nobody can say this or that happened for sure, was it stolen off the porch, did the buyer get it and said he didn't, was it lost in shipping.. ? Since the driver of UPS said the he dropped the package off at the correct address its his word against the buyers. Some food for thought next time........and I'm sorry to hear you got scammed . Good thing is that you used USPS and they can get his arse in big trouble if they find he's lying. Unlike UPS and FED-EX they don't have uncle sam on they're side! Take comfort in knowing that what comes around goes around, he'll get his one way or another!