R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Legalization
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Scrubb
Tech Fanatic

Here are some things I would like to see happen for Lipo to become legal...

1. a low cost (at the expense of capacity) pack for new novice racer. Right now a novice racer can get a stick pack NiMH battery @1800 mah for $15 dollars. The lowest cost raceable Lipo pack I've seen is $60, that too expensive for beginners - period.

2. I would like to see all the guys that are on the aggresive lipo bandwagon agree on a battery configuration that has the same capacity, voltage and weight for cars that take stick packs, side by side packs, and saddle packs. I've asked the question of which lipo's to make legal in every thread and the question has been ignored.

3. More electronic speed controls with lipo low voltage cutoff as a standard feature. Right now, its just to easy for a novice racer to damage a expensive lipo battery by running it untill it goes below its voltage threshold. Right now, the majority of speed controls don't have this feature, thats not enough.

4. maintain current car weight rules so the manufacturers can take advantage of the lipo weight savings and build beefier cars that are more durable for longer races.