R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one rrr
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 08:46 AM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Hi Rmd,

What is your opinion on it? Did you notice a direct improvement in handling when making this change alone on your car?
On WCE #1, I made too many changes at once to be able to notice the difference. That's the time I converted it to the UE/X and started using a front diff instead of a one-way. On WCE #2, I built it with the SP chassis and a front diff from the start.

The solid battery compartment should make the chassis flex less than a chassis with an open battery compartment. Since I always run on the same track, I'm not sure if it's best suited for a low, medium and/or high traction track. Also, it's 7075. I'm not sure if the standard RRR chassis (VZ228) is 7075 or not, but it sure doesn't have that anodized coating.

I bought the chassis because people where saying it improved the handling of the car. Durability wise, I don't have gouges in the bottom like I did with the stock chassis, even though it is scratched up - and considering how many times I've tumbled the cars (end-over-end), the chassis is as straight as the day I got it.