R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 05:55 AM
British Menace
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shano
Hey manace,I got a Picco one with the motor fits nicely.What would ya recommend cleaning the motor with.Im running my 2630 pipe atm
Hey thats cool that the collet which came with the motor fits........nead to make a mental note of that.
Not trying to tell you what to do or anything but, make sure after you lock the flywheel nut down that the collet isn't flush or protruding from the flywheel. I know I've thought the collet on a couple of motors before, have been ok, only to find when you lock the nut down securely, the flywheel wasn't fully tight and it came loose in a race!!. The nut just tightened onto the collet.

On cleaning the motor................... if your going to strip it down and your able to wash dry the parts. Then Normal dish soap is fine. Remember to oil up the parts once you've dried them, before re-assembly.
If your only going to partly disassemble the motor. Then I would use the nitro cleaner from your LHS. Or the electric motor cleaner also works. Make sure you try and get all the debris "swilled" out.
I would recommend the strip-down method though!
Remember to coat everything in after-run oil after. And leave the piston at BDC.

All the best. You wont be dissopointed in this baby. WOW

This may be the best motor I've ever ran..............and I haven't got it to race tune yet?!

Menace