R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 05:41 PM
RayJ
Tech Regular

Default Damn another small Car.

I remember 15 years ago when 10th scale pan car was about the only thing that was run in the electric RC world. Instead of building a 12thscale four wheel drive why not just build a tenth scale pan car two-wheel drive. My fingers and eyes already have enough trouble seeing what I'm doing with 10th scales four wheel drive. People may complain at first about handling but heck the playing field would be evened, and I'm sure they would handle once time is spent with them. In our hobby, with the price of parts and motors wouldn't it make more sense to make these cars easier to work on and have fewer parts? Many of the newbies are finding it harder to be competitive with the rocket ship four wheel drives we have now. I don't know..... but all I can see at the local level is attendance dropping because of the cost involved to be competitive. I find it sad that our fun hobby is losing ground, and that more people can't afford where the price of racing has gone. Slower cornering speeds, fewer parts and simpler suspensions would go a long way for getting more newbies involved. Just some thoughts.....but that car does look pretty cool.