R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why we choose the electric on-road, not others?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
quick5pnt0
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TristaTM

Hello, I'm a new comer of the R/C,
I'd really like to know the reason why you guys choose the electric in-road, not the nitro or off-road cars.
My cosideration is quite simple, just clean and quiet, while I want to learn more about your professional opinion, thanks a lot.

hope this Q posted here is suitable
Well I think you'll find that the longer you're in R/C the more you'll get into other parts of the hobby. Today you might be into electric onroads, but a year from now you might want to try your hand at nitro offroad, or electric boats, etc

I personally started out with an electric R/C which I believe everyone should, and then after many years of that I decided to get my first nitro. Well my first nitro was a bit of a letdown (anyone who's had the nightmare of trying to start a Cox .049 engine knows what I mean), but I did eventually get really into it when I bought my second nitro (RC10GT). After quite some time having fun with nitro cars I decided I didn't want to put up with the fuss and went back to electric. However the lure of a gas powered engine was still with me, so I eventually went on to buy a large scale gasoline powered buggy. I still have that R/C but I've found that I still love electrics too, and recently bought a TA04.

As for the choice of onroad/offroad. I've had both and they both are great for different reasons. Some people just prefer one over the other, while I like both.