R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

V12-Thanks for the LRP report. That LRP TC edition really would be my favorite right now if I could order it through normal channels.

Mathijs-Thanks for the GM report.

Syndrome- Well occasionally I get some free stuff. Precision Racing System Gears. Soon after my test, they were available at Stormer Hobbies. Trinity Flat wire and Round wire Armatures in a 10 x1 for use in a touring car on our track. These test were published on another thread and submitted for publication. Occasionally I get some reduced price stuff to test for publication in my thread. I'll be happy to test free stuff that could be used onroad. My funds are limited.
The big difference when I test something vs a magazine test is that I can actually "drive the car pretty good" "can setup the car pretty good" and have a good technical background. I notice some problems that most people would just write off as normal.

Mamba Max continued
I had four good runs today. I solved a rough brake issue by reducing the gear play to the absolute minimim. The motor stayed in better control during braking and I could use normal levels of brakes on my hairpins today. I could not blame this early brake roughness on the pinion as I am using a nice large 15 tooth pinion on the 4.5R motor. I found some old stock Titanium Nitride Coated 14 and 15 tooth hardened steel pinions at Stormer. These pinions are long and cover the whole spur preventing the plastic from fraying on the edges robbing power. They are on the way.
I had one incident in a delicate corner where the motor had a long cog causing a mini spin (the rear slid out 4 inches) then it caught again. Otherwise I had no mid corner problems in four runs. I have arranged to get a ultergrasi's 7700 mamba motor to see if you guys are "lying dogs" or not.

I worked on roll centers and got the car where I liked it. Plan to test the new Front suspension #3 next. I may have a ThunderPowerExtremeSeries LiPo to test next week.