R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - fuel comming out of exhaust
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 10:31 AM
alucard13
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: alucard13;

Originally posted by popsracer
Actually, with the single needle carb, you need to have the Engine excessively rich to keep it from over heating, especially with the single speed transmission. Do the water test with the engine at it hottest temperature. The symptoms you describe sound like the Engine is getting too hot, then Vapor locking. Make sure you have enough airflow over the cylinder head too.
When i get home from work I'm going to try a couple things. First i'm going to put a tank of gas in and let it idle and see whats happens. then if it doesnt stall out by idleing then like you said, maybe i am getting to hot. So then i will run it around my hood for a few and see what happens. I actually have the body off of the car. I have been running it without the body when it stalls on me. I will post back with the results later on tonight after i do my tests.

popsracer, r u in any of the r/c mags? when i get home i'm going to check out the latest mag i got (forgot what the name of it is), because i thought it mentioned something about popsracers dad. I could be seeing things, but i'll verify and let you know. If not, then never mind this portion of the post