R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 AM
trjracing
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
None of them were PRO4's....... Not to mention, the Pro4 doesnt have metal outdrives like the TC3 or Pro3...sooooooooo unless you get custom made metal outdrives, the heat build up will lock em up and make them into spools or even worse, slip. So, to avoid that, run spools.
Again you are wrong, gearing is everything. Gear the car correctly and you can run open diffs all day long as for the pro4 running plastic outdrives you can do it but if you do go to spools good luck steering that bad boy on the top end the word is broken cvd's and most likely a bad wreck. Remember spools are not forgiving for steering open diffs are, open diffs will maximize your rpm and mph. But like everything I've told you before Bx you always doubted me and then when you experience it you always come back and say, (Yea,Yea,Yea you rican bastard you was right) I'm not talking out my ass about spools and open diffs I talk from only experience and money wasted to get to where I'm at and know what I'm talking about Bro you should know this. I am not trying to shoot you down on your opinion I just don't want anyone to go try out spools for a speed run and then try to correct steer on the top end and all hell breaks loose and wreck there car I don't want anybody looking at you as you don't know what you are talking about. Yes you can run spools do I recommend it hell no. I only talk from experience and I wouldn't want to set anyone up for a bad wreck. Spools are great for drag racing and I swear on that one. Even 2wd solid axles for speed runs work great too look at chris collins with his electric rail 17 cells at 112.7mph that steve saik built for him, yes it was a drag car but you have a better chance running solid axles or spools on a 2wd on 4wd it's not recommended and for me it's a big NO,NO... Been there done that I wouldn't set anyone up like that. Bx I'm not here to attack Bro and you have known me for years and you know I only speak from knowledge and experience and I would never give false info to anyone, and this is one topic that I've tried and experienced it and are friend jetlee tired and experienced it and done all my research in doing speed runs and dragracing I would never give false info to anyone that's just not right. You also know that I worked in a hobby shop for years as an R/C tech and sales. I would never give false info in what I do know. But I respect your judgement and I will leave this topic be anyone could take this info for what it's worth at the end of the day it's a hobby and it's all about fun and Bx I will see you for fight nite UFC payperview at my house and have that brushless cyclone ready because I'm coming for you... Yea I said it!!! Take Care...

Last edited by trjracing; 05-10-2007 at 06:34 AM.